Salumi Chicago Salami Assortment - 5 pieces
Enjoy all five of Salumi Chicago's Old World-style artisanal cured sausages in a convenient bundle of all 5 varieties. Perfect for entertaining or gift giving, Salumi Chicago's carefully crafted sausages are made with Midwestern heritage pork and fresh, quality spices for superior flavor.
The Salumi Chicago Salami assortments includes:
- Finocchiona - a classic Tuscan salami generously seasoned with fennel pollen and freshly toasted ground fennel seeds
- Soppressata - Calabrian style salami made with fresh and dried toasted Calabrian Chili Peppers, for a complex blend of mild and spicy pepper notes
- Barolo - Piedmontese style salami made with Barolo red wine and black peppercorns. Clean, all natural, and made without the addition of sugar
- Spanish Chorizo - a richly flavored Spanish cured sausage, spiced with a blend of toasted Spanish Paprikas and a touch of oregano and red wine
- Tartufo - fragrant truffle salami made with heritage breed pork, wine, Sicilian Sea Salt and real Italian black truffles - and PLENTY of them.
SALUMI CHICAGO: After apprenticing under Italian master Massimo Spigaroli, Salumi Chicago founder Greg Laketek returned to his native Chicago to bring this traditional process to his hometown. Utilizing superior quality spices, meats and curing methods rooted in the old world, Salumi Chicago uniquely brings another level of Italian quality meats to America.
- No Added Sugar
- No Nitrates or Nitrites
- No Hormones or Antibiotics
Why is there mold on my salami?
Occasionally, you'll see naturally occurring, beneficial "good" mold on the surface of the casing. This is normal and protects the salami, preventing the unwanted growth of harmful bacteria on the surface. Simply peel off the casing before slicing. If any mold gets on the salami, don't worry - it's the same edible mold found in bleu and Roquefort cheese.
What are the casings made out of?
The casings are a blend of silk, cotton, and collagen. They are not edible, but are all-natural. Please remove prior to slicing and eating.
Storing the salami
Salumi Chicago salami are certified as fully shelf-stable products and may be kept unrefrigerated for up to two weeks after opening. If you do wish to refrigerate your salami, re-wrap the salami in its original packaging and place it in the refrigerator.
FIVE 5.3 oz unsliced salamis
Product of USA